Furan resin mortar and grout is an essential component in the construction industry for applications in environments that demand chemical resistance and durability. Wm. Neundorfer & Co. has helped our customers protect their environments with our lines of coatings and corrosion control products. In this article, we’ll explore the what furan resin is, applications its utilized in, and its unique characteristics.
Understanding Furan Resin Mortar and Grout
What is Furan Resin?
Furan resin is a two-component bonding material known for its exceptional chemical resistance. It is commonly used for masonry units and quarry tiles, forming a robust system to protect concrete and steel substrates from corrosive chemicals and physical wear.
Applications of Furan Resin Mortar/Grout
Furan Resin Mortar/Grout is used in various industries, including:
- Chemical Processing: Used in the construction of floors, sumps, trenches, tanks, vessels, and bleach towers.
- Food & Beverage Plants: Ideal for environments requiring resistance to acids, alkalies, and solvents.
- Dairies: Provides durability and protection against corrosive substances.
- Laboratories: Well-suited for settings where chemical resistance is crucial.
- Textile, Steel, and Pulp & Paper Mills: Offers reliable protection against a wide range of chemicals.
Characteristics of Furan Resin Mortar/Grout:
- Low Odor Furfuryl Alcohol Polymer: Ensures a user-friendly application experience.
- Wide Range Chemical Resistance: Resists acids, alkalies, and most solvents up to 350°F.
- Carbon-Filled: Enhances strength and durability.
- High-Temperature Tolerance: Withstands temperatures up to 450°F.
- Authorized by USDA: Approved for use in federally inspected meat and poultry plants.
Furan Resin Mortar/Grout is a reliable and versatile solution for chemical-resistant masonry applications. Its unique properties make it suitable for a wide range of industries, providing protection against corrosive chemicals and physical wear.